Up-Country Waimea at its very best. A rare opportunity to own a beautiful, designer furnished, custom, single-story residence on a private one acre lot in the most desirable area of Waimea. This custom designed, Hawaiian ranch style residence was originally built for renowned artists Hiroshi Tagami and Michael Powell and later extensively upgraded through a collaboration between deReus Architects and its new owner, a prominent interior designer. Sited on an acre lot, the home’s prime location is accessible to Waimea’s schools, a short drive to the island’s best beaches, and yet, located in a neighborhood where horses graze and the scent of ginger fills the air. A private sanctuary in the heart of Waimea where you can enjoy a coffee on your lanai while looking at the slopes of distant volcanoes and see the Milky Way at night.
- Custom Designer furnishings. (Inventory list upon request)
- Single story floor plan with tall, cathedral ceilings.
- Solid Ohia floors and architectural elements.
- Oversize lava fireplace.
- Expansive covered lanai with room for outdoor dining and entertaining.
- Large fenced yard, ideal for pets and small children.
- Luxurious primary suite with seating area, walk-in closet, adjacent office and resort style bathroom with a deep soaking tub and rainfall shower. Dornbracht fixtures throughout.
- Guest wing including two bedrooms, bonus room (easily converted to a 4th bedroom) and two full baths.
- Chefs' kitchen with Wolf and Subzero appliances, massive slab island and custom cabinets with Sun Valley Bronze pulls and Blum glides.
- Mudroom with covered entry, providing convenient access to kitchen and garage.
- Oversize two car garage with skylights and large windows, originally an artist’s studio.
- Full PV (solar) electric and water systems.
- Mature landscaping with lava pavers, and custom carved stone planters.
Courtesy of Coldwell Banker Island Properties - Kona, Kendall DiDonato
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change, or withdrawal. Neither listing broker(s) nor Mauna Kea Realty shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.
On this page, not only will you see properties represented by Kendall DiDonato, you may also see properties represented by other members of Hawaii Information Service.
©2022 Hawaii Information Service. All rights reserved.
Data last updated 12:03 PM UTC, 8/12/22